The expertise of our teams in the Earth, life and environmental sciences, as well as in the human and social sciences makes UniLaSalle a particularly relevant player in the search for sustainable and economically viable scientific and tecnical solutions to tomorrow's challenges facing our society.
Our future graduates, and more generally, our society, have immense challenges to meet. The global population explosion, the climate emergency and the over-exploitation of natural resources are all strong signals that call for our involvement, immagination and innovation to implement the necessary environmental, food and energy transitions.
In this context, research is being questioned to identify solutions to these challenges, with a focus on the system approach, and technological and organizational innovations.
Its activities, structured within 5 units, are internationally recognized for their expertise in the fields of life sciences, geology and the environment. The research, carried out on its 3 campuses, relies on its academic and industrial networks, its national network of Chambers of Agriculture and its international Lasallian network to develop its activities in line with the world around us and the expectations of professionals and sectors. This connection with societal demand is reinforced through the strong anchoring of the teams in their territories, in coherence with the strategic policies of sustainable development of the Regions.
The Institute has facilities that are sometimes unique in the region or even in France, guaranteeing both original research programs, but also long-term industrial partnerships on highly applied issues.
Research is widely shared with students, who benefit both from the latest scientific advances through the knowledge provided by the associate professors, but are also full-fledged players in this dynamic when they are welcomed within the laboratories, in engineering training or in the context of pursuing a doctoral program.
At the center of our missions: to understand the functioning of natural and anthropized systems, to transmite and promote knowledge and know-how, to innovate for the sectors and territories.
As such,our research and development activities are fully integrated into the 17 sustainable development goals defined by the United Nations in 2015.
Director of Research and Development UniLaSalle and Rouen Campus
Director of Research and Develoment - Rennes Campus
Director of Research and Development - Beauvais Campus
Director of Valorization UniLaSalle
million euros buget
staff dedicated to research
international scientific articles per year
regional R&D projects in progress
Training through research
Training through research takes place throughout the engineering curriculum of the students thanks to internships in our different research units, but also through initiation to the scientific approach through practical teaching modules (laboratories, fields,...) and educational projects. At the same time, each year the laboratories welcome more than twenty PhD students from all horizons, who are trained to become highly specialized scientific executives in the R&D departments of companies or universities, in France or abroad.
The doctoral program offered by the institution via the dual degrees of Engineering and Masters, particularly at the national and international levels, opens up the prospect of a dual skill that is increasingly popular with companies and the opportunity to benefit from a cutting-edge technological environment.
In connection with the doctoral schools of the UTC, the UPJV, the University of Rennes 2 and Normandy University, UniLaSalle offers multiple PhD funding opportunities.
5 research units
UniLaSalle's research activities are carried out by 5 units (4 of which are labeled by the supervisory ministries):
- AGHYLE: AGroecology, HYdrogeochemistry, miLocation and rEsources (UP 2018.C101)
This research unit is inter-site (Beauvais/Rouen)
- B2R : Basins - Reservoirs - Resources (UP 2018.C100/ URR 7511)
This research unit is located in Beauvais
This unit located in Rennes is in progress of being labeled
- InTerACT : Innovation Territory Agriculture & Agro-industry, Knowledge and Technology (UP 2018.C102)
This unit is inter-site (Beauvais/Rouen)
- Processing & Agro-Resources (UP 2018.C103 / ULR 7519) This unit is multi-site (Beauvais/Rouen/Béthune)
Infrastuctures of excellence at the service of training, research and innovation
Our state-of-the-art technology platform
UniLaSalle benefits from technological platfomrs, located on its Beauvais and Rouen campuses. Equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, these unique infrastructures allow the conduct of high-level research programs, including in collaboration with industrialists.
- Geology & Hydrogeology Platform
- Normand Serre Experimental Station for agro-ecology, agronomy and biotechnology
- Ozone platform dedicated to ozone applications in the fields of agro-industry, agri-food, environment and plant chemistry.
- Agro R Tech Center, dedicated to the valorization and characterization of agroresources and biosourced materials
- AgriLab, innovation and industrial transfer center dedicated to agriculture.
- GeoLab, geoscience modeling center
- Two experimental farms providing researchers with field devices
I engineering unit : PANASH, dedicated to research in Food & Health
Local technical platforms
Our technical platforms, spread over the 3 UniLaSalle campuses, are structured and placed at the service of students and various research programs and collaborate with companies in accordance with the strategic axes defined by the institution:
- The agronomy technical platform
- The technical platform for cellular and molecular biology
- The technical platform for biotechnology, plant pathology and agro-ecology
- The analytical chemistry technical platform
- The environmental flow cytometry technical platform
- Geosciences technical platform
- The technical platform of hydrogeology
- The technical platform for food, non-food and environmental process engineering
- The infra-red technical platform
- The technical platform of bio-sourced materials
- The technical platform of methanisation
- The technical platform for microbiology and food quality
- The technical platform of culinary practices
- The technical platform for sensory analysis
- The environmental chemistry technical platform
- The technical platform of physico-chemistry and analytical chemistry of soils
- The technical platform for biophysics and analytical chemistry of materials
- The technical platform for formulation-processing-processes fro materials
The matrices explored by the research teams include subsoil, soil, plants, microorganisms, food, water and air.
5 chairs to bring research closer to the business world
Bringing research closer to the expectations of the company and training, such is the objective of the 4 company chairs developed at UniLaSalle with its partners :