Opening up to the world, discovering other ways of learning, improving your language skills, gaining autonomy, ... So many good reasons to go on student mobility!

That's why all engineering students at UniLaSalle complete at least one exchange period in one of its 220 international partner universities.


As well as giving me a solid grounding in the subject, it boosted my chances of being recruited quickly and easily by an oil company.

dual degree graduate from Imperial College, London

Go-LaSalle, a first experience abroad

At the beginning of the third year of our engineering programs, you will complete a semester abroad at one of the 20 partner universities in the La Salle network.

This semester is a chance to experience the benefits of the Lasallian network first hand as you enjoy a first experience abroad in a reassuring environment with your course mates.


Semester abroad

The semester abroad takes place in the fourth or fifth year of your engineering studies and gives you the chance to study in an international context and receive academic recognition for your work (ECTS credits). This is also an opportunity to deepen your studies with specific topic that complements your core UniLasalle program.


Dual degree programs

With the dual degree scheme, you can graduate with two degree instead of one! A dual degree is a real plus for your CV. You can spend between 12 and 24 months at a host university. Depending on the destination, the dual degree program can be completed without extending your studies or with a 6 to 12 month extension if necessary. It is also an opportunity to try out a specialization that is not available at UniLaSalle. The dual degree period at your host university begins in the fifth year of your engineering program.

Some partner universities

  • Imperial College London (United Kingdom)   
  • Cranfield University (United Kingdom)   
  • Wageningen University (Netherlands)   
  • Universitat de Barcelona (Spain)   
  • University of Quebec in Chicoutimi (Canada)   
  • Berne University of Applied Sciences (HAFL) (Switzerland)  
  • Laval University (Canada)   
  • AgroParisTech (France)   
  • University of Paris saclay (France)


International specialization

Are you in adventurer at heart? Then the international specialization is the ideal option for you! from your third to fifth year, spend three periods (semesters abroad or internships) in different countries, and graduate with the words "international specialization" on your degree certificate.


Gap year

Students can request to take a gap year for several reasons... to work, take part in the Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) program, volunteer with an NGO, etc. Gap years can be carried out abroad.

There are a highly rewarding experience at a personal level, and give you the opportunity to try out something you have always wanted to do.


Internship abroad

Students can carry out several internship abroad over the duration of their engineering program. Internships carried out in another country are a way of gaining professional experience in a different culture context.

Which internships can be completed abroad?

  • Fourth-year internship (Rennes campus)
  • Final year internship, in the fifth year


Financial assistance

A number of grants are available to help you fund your study period abroad:

  • Erasmus+ grants
  • DGER grants from the Ministry of Agriculture
  • Regional grants
    • Hauts-de-France - Mermoz grants
    • Brittany - "Jeunes à l'international" grants